Hey, BankofNeopia fans! We know how popular our giveaways and flash-giveaways have been, but it’s been brought to our attention that some of you are having trouble entering the contests. Some of you aren’t seeing our posts on Facebook and some of you are sharing our posts but not having your entries counted.
Well – we have good news and bad news for you. Let’s get the bad news out of the way first – unfortunately, the issues you’re having are totally out of our control.
For those of you not seeing our posts, that’s because Facebook’s algorithms don’t agree with you that you want to see our post. (In other words – for some reason they’ve actually decided not to show everyone our posts.) This is not something we can control and is something a lot of FB pages are struggling with – pages that used to get thousands of people seeing their posts have been cut to a fraction of that because Facebook is charging those pages to show the posts to everyone who has liked their page. We know this is ridiculous and is something that as people with personal accounts too it’s frustrating from both ends – we wouldn’t have liked the page if we didn’t want to see its posts, right?
For those of you who do see our posts and are sharing but still not showing up on our list of entries, well – that’s also outside of our control. We can know that someone shared our post, but unless the post is shared publicly, we have no idea who. We can’t control your privacy settings so this is sadly not something we can fix for you, and it means we can’t credit you a contest entry – because we can’t see that you entered.
But! Here’s the good news. You can fix both of these issues, and you can fix it really easily. If you want to make sure you’re seeing all of our posts, all you need to do is set our page so that you get notifications when we post – and this is really quick to do.
1) Go to our facebook page – it’s here: https://www.facebook.com/BuyNeopointsBankofNeopia
2) Move your cursor over the button that says “Liked” in the upper right hand corner. A drop down menu will appear.
3) On that drop down menu, click “Get Notifications”.
4) That’s it! You’ll now get a red facebook alert in the upper right hand corner of your screen every time we post.
So with that taken care of, how do you fix the contest entry itself so we can see that you entered? That’s easy too! Here’s how to enter our share-giveaways and make sure you get credit for entering:
1) On our post, click “share” – the share box will pop up.
2) In the lower right hand corner, you’ll see a dark blue button that says “Share Photo.” Don’t click that yet! To the immediate left of that button are your privacy settings. This might say “Friends” – if it says Friends, and you share – we can’t see your entry. Boo!
3) Click the down arrow on the “Friends” tag. It will look like this:
4) Change that to “Public”. It should now look like this:
5) That’s it! Go ahead and click Share Photo now – we’ll be able to see that you shared our image, and be entered in our contest!
We hope this helps! Facebook is awesome, but it can definitely be frustrating sometimes! Are you ever frustrated by FB too?